Friday, May 11, 2007

Guatemala Licensure - Part 2

!!!!!We actually were able to finish the application process these last 2 days!!!!

This is very exciting as we were not sure we were going to be able to. We left for the city Thursday morning with Sheri as she is flying back home for a week and we also had some other errands, one of which was to pick up the paperwork we left at a government office to be authenticated. This turned out to be easy and Lisa was in and out in 15 minutes.

The next task was to get the document translated, so off we went on foot to some offices around the area we were in. We went to 3 offices and all were closed. Unfortunate for us we decided to do this on Mothers Day in Guatemala, so many people were taking long lunches, etc. Also many of the certified translators are women so maybe they were enjoying the afternoon with their kids - or at least we hope they were. Anyway, we found a translator over the phone late in the afternoon and she was great. We delivered her the documents and she had them ready for us early Friday morning.

Next we went to the University of San Carlos (USC) to see what we needed to do next. We were hoping we were done; however, we did need to copy Lisa's diploma and all of the authentication documents. So off we go looking for a copy store that is able to reduce a large diploma to a regular size page. No such luck around USC, so we went to the trusted Office Depot and we were able to get it done there. By this time it was noon and we knew the office would close for a hour or 2.

We went back later, had all of the paperwork in order, paid our hefty fee and our application is now submitted. Praise God! So now we wait for USC to do some research verifying Texas Tech is a university and verifiy the paperwork and hopefully in 2 weeks we have some more info. The latest news is once the school and info are verified, Lisa's paperwork goes before a board for them to decide if she can take the test. Please pray that she is able to just take the test and does not have to do government service as that would negatively affect the ministries that we have already started. We selected the option to take the test; however, we do not know if the board has the final say.

Tomorrow off to clinic in Mactzul V and we will start back up introducing you all to the communities we work in.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Kemmel and Lisa - I am so proud of you and what you are doing for the Lord. Just wanted to let you know that I pray for you almost every day. Maybe someday, I can join you guys down there. Who knows what the Lord has in store for us? Keep the faith. Never give up!

In His name -
Brenda Marmaduke