Tuesday, November 3, 2009

End of a Saga

We finally finished registering my medical license here in Guatemala--nothing short of a miracle! We went to the RENAP office to show my certified birth certificate and lo and behold they accepted it! It was so easy, we were shocked! So we went ahead and took the diploma to the Narcotics office for one last registry. They were very nice and helpful and showed me to a legal book of declarations where I had to hand write my statement listing all of the seals and signatures and their dates that are decorating the back of my diploma. It was like a little walk down memory lane as I listed the Rector's office, the Controller's office, the Ministry of Education Office, the Ministry of Health Office, the diploma number, the College of Physicians and Surgeons and the RENAP office and signed and sealed it myself. As I got started, another physician walked up and was asked to wait as I finished my seat work. (No pressure!) By the time I finished there were six people waiting to get their turn at the big book. Great timing. We are thankful to God for this little victory--what a relief. And also thankful to all of you who have prayed for us--GRACIAS.

We celebrated at our favorite sushi place--YUMMY.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats on finally being official!

Sheri said...

BASTANTE Congrats!!!!

Mo&We said...

We are so glad for you to have that finished - what a relief, and worth the trouble, I know; We thank the Lord for His help. We enjoyed catching up on your blog having been gone for a week. Keep up the good work. Love, Mama and Daddy