Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bean Counter

Things are going well in Nebaj. We are so thankful to God and to all of you who are praying for us. I (Lisa) finally got some concrete goals to accomplish during my time in the health department. My supervisor came up to visit on all of us interns/students and told me that the director of the area wanted to take advantage of my "skills and experience" and have me evaluate the epidemiological statistics for the district, designing a more reader-friendly version of presenting the info . I guess journal reading really does pay off........ Also I will be designing a training/education course on maintenance of vaccines in cold storage (not an easy task in areas where they use solar electricity and propane refrigerators and have to buy the propane 3 hours away!).
Anyway, God has put us here for some reason, and he will guide me as I tackle these tasks. Pray for my communication skills. I feel like that is my real weak point. I can get my thoughts across, but I don't sound particularly scholarly! But as the apostle Paul said,

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. " II Corinthians 12:9

We have found a room to rent as well, that is big enough for a bed, shelves and kitchen area. It will serve our needs perfectly and will save us some money and time, by not having to check in to a hostel every week.

Today, we are in the capital for a meeting at the university. I was told at 11:00 am, but got there and got the "Look, miss, it's like this......." response so common here. The meeting isn't until 2:00 pm. Oh, well. We can go eat lunch at Chili's!!

God bless, and have a good day.

No comments: