Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Surgery

Lisa is on her second call schedule for surgery. While on call she works in the crazy ER of Hospital Roosevelt. Just picture people everywhere and total chaos and you will get the picture. There is not much if any triage so people just hang out until someone takes care of them. As a result you have people just trying to get your attention so you can attend to them. The other day I went to pick her up and she called me and told me to wait as a nurse had grabbed her to deliver a still birth baby from a mother that had been shot. Here is a blurb from an email she sent me today:

"I got your call this AM, but thought is was my alarm and hit the button too fast. We had a bunch of gunshot victims come in about midnight 5 in all, but then it quieted down. I slept about an hour and a half. "

Basically she would rather have malaria right now. Please keep her in your prayers. We have indicated in previous blogs that she is on call every 3rd night and I think that she also has to be at the hospital 7 days a week for at least 6 hours doing rounds, etc. Yesterday to top it off they were assigned a bunch of reading, case studies and some presentations they have to do.

Thanks for the prayers you continue to offer on our behalf.

As for the thyroid tests we mentioned before, everything is good. Also, all of the cars are now operational and I told the mechanics we did not want to see them for awhile!

God bless!

No comments: